Student Visa (Subclass 500)


Students with this visa can apply for different full-time courses including Higher Education, Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS), admission in primary or secondary school and post graduate research degrees in a recognised education institution.

Visa Eligibility Criteria:

Enrollment in a registered course of study:
Applicants need to enroll in a course of study, which is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

Financial capacity:
Applicants must have the legal evidence of their financial capacity that shows they are eligible to pay their course fees and living costs of their dependent family members.

English proficiency:
It is mandatory to provide evidence of English language skills with the visa application or when asked by an officer otherwise the visa will be refused.

Closely controlled welfare arrangements for all the students under the age of 18:
Students under 18 years of age should have evidence of organized welfare arrangements to stay in Australia.


Accompanying Family Members:
Applicants and their family members can make a combined request in the student visa application or they can apply to join them later. It is essential to have the necessary funds on hand to support the accompanying family members living in Australia and also for those after the grant of the student visa (such as new born baby).

Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement:
This requirement serves as a reliability measure that the student visa program is used as projected and not for a temporary stay in Australia.

Health and character:
Applicants need to undergo health examinations as a part of the visa application process. This may consume quite a few weeks to complete. Also, the applicants are required to answer some character related questions that will be used to assess their character.


Overseas student health cover:
Applicants are required to obtain Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) a week prior to the date they are supposed to arrive in Australia.

What you can do with this visa?

  • You can study full-time in a recognized institution in Australia.

  • You can bring your family members under limited circumstances

  • You and your family members will be given work rights depending on your course type.

  • Your partner (if found eligible) can also study in Australia for three months.


How ABDX Consultancy can be at your service to turn your dreams of Studying in Australia into reality?

We are partnered with leading groups of Immigration and Student Visa Consultants, we have always provided professional and high quality services to the clients seeking higher education or career in Australia. Our Migration Agents are registered with MARA and they are always up-to-date with the rules and regulations of the Australian immigration and make sure you get the visa through accurate assessments. Please contact us immediately and get yourself enrolled in one of the best education institutions of Australia.

© 2019 by ABDX Group Pty Ltd. ABN 60 636 453 944   |   87A Haldon St, Lakemba NSW 2195 Australia 

  • Facebook Basic Black
  • Twitter Basic Black
  • Black Instagram Icon